Please help me in the analysis of this poem. I can't understand it. Does the words meant a literal meaning or is there a deep meaning beyond it? Please tell me your ideas."When Done For Thee"by Alfredo Elfren LitiatcoThe greatest tasks most trifling seemWhen done for thee, my dear;And for the self-same reason greatThe trifling ones appear.Thus picking up a handkerchiefOr pulling up a chair;Become, when, this for thee, a mostImportant an affair;Whilst setting out to face the world,To fight one's way to fame,Chills not but rather fireIf essayed in the name.
- How do explain this poem? - Gigantic daughter of the West,We drink to thee across the flood,We know thee most, we love thee best,For art thou not of British blood?Should war’s mad blast again be blown,Permit not thou the tyrant powersTo fight thy mother here alone,But let thy broadsides roar with ours.Hands all round!God the tyrant’s cause confound!To our great kinsmen
- Grade my SAT essay? Prompt: Is conscience a more powerful motivator than money, fame, or power? - Here’s my essay:Conscience is what guides us in life, and it has a great impact on the decisions we make. Therefore, I believe that it is a more powerful motivator than money, fame, or power. Examples from history such as Rosa Parks and George Bush have proven this.Rosa Parks risked punishment and jail for refusing
- How do I write a reflective essay on the book “Don’t be Afraid Gringo” please help!? - Please help!the book is about the life of a poor Honduran woman and how she goes through many obstacles to fight for what she believes in. and also other countries try to help her country.I have to discuss the historical setting, examine the authors characterization and how the plot relates to the interaction of major
- Grade my SAT (practice) Essay? - Prompt: Is conscience a more powerful motivator than money, fame, or power? Although some humans claim that their motives come from conscience, many are actually tempted by money, fame, or power. Throughout our past, leaders have been seeking power. Hitler, Stalin, and Hirohito all strived
- URGENT! WUTHERING HEIGHTS? - I have a huge essay due (only 5 paragraphs) but it counts a lot for my grade. The paper is pretty much on the setting of Wuthering Heights, but not just the setting in the beginning of the book, the setting throughout the whole book. I have to make a thesis statement about the setting,
- HELP! I have to do an essay on this poem and I don’t get it? - I’m in AP english and we have to write a page analysis and annotate this poem: [external link] …basically we need to write about the poem, its meaning, themes, motifs, personification, similies, etc. and the meaning behind them. i think the leaves are actually people? and i said it could be an allusion to Brave
- What’s a good title about an essay on why people want fame and fortune? - Pls. don’t answer “Why people want fame and fortune” or “Fame and Fortune” User tags:when done for thee