So, this essay doesn't necessarily need a title, but I think maybe a better impression might be made if it had one.... The clock on the wall, in the back of the classroom, always ticks really slowly, yet I listen to it for a long time. The ticks remind me of a leaky faucet and make me worry that I do not have enough money to call a plumber. The ticks of the clock continue through each class, sounding like anxiety, and the deepness of it makes me nauseous. Sometimes other noises merge with the clock’s solo and save me from listening forever. My watch on the other hand, is higher pitched and its ticks merely bounce off whatever other sounds have the same feeling. Synesthesia can involve any of the five senses, mixing them into each other, like tasting colors or seeing music. In my case, I can feel sounds, not physically, but emotionally. I also see colors in letters and numbers. Although my synesthesia is sometimes distracting, it usually serves as an advantage. When I play the guitar, I can remember the tabs and chords because I know what color the numbers and letters are, or because I remember what the sounds feel like. In the same way, I can remember names and dates and times. This comes in handy in history class, among other places. Studying is still necessary, especially when there are two army generals that are both a shade of orange; I still have to stay organized and keep reviewing material given in class. Listening to music while I study is often too distracting so I set my time for each. In my early years of school I did not know why the other kids could not see the colors in the text or why the teacher did not understand when I tried to explain how I got an answer. Now I am careful to explain around the colors and because I think it over more I understand it better myself. It has never been a problem for me; it is not like living with Tourette’s Syndrome, as my best friend has. I mostly see my synesthesia as a mnemonic device and not as a neurological condition. Even as I write this I can see the colors in each letter and feel the noise of the keyboard. The clock on the wall is not even mildly distracting over my typing. Instead, I think about college and why I look forward to my acceptance. I look forward to meeting all the colorful people, maybe from their skin, maybe from the sound of their names. I look forward to applying my own color. I look forward to the new clocks and the classes they belong to. After all this time going through high school, I am ready to take the next step.Also, is there anything I should change? Add? Delete? Any parts that didn't make sense or flow properly? Thanks!
- Sign of depression? I’m not sure what to do!? - Everyday I wake up and just feel so helpless. I feel like my life is worthless. When I go to school I put up a front and pretend to be happy but idk how much longer I can lie to my friends and family. I try SOO hard in school and I literally still fail,
- Michael Jackson fans: Ultimate Michael Jackson survey anyone? (Part 16)? - This is going to be one long question, I hope you MJ lovers and fans enjoy!:1.) What are 10-15 things about yourself? What are 10 things about yourself, that are related to Michael Jackson? (For example for the second question, you can say I can moonwalk, etc.)Here are mine:1.)My name is Marjorie and I am
- Proof read and edit help! help me out please~~? - this is just part of the paragraph.. topic of this essay was analyzing the painting. can anyone could make this paragraph better? i wish i could show you the picture but similar one is if yougo to www.rhondagates.com…………………… Rhonda Gates used the color very well. Blue was used to express the clear sky,
- Can you please comment on my writing? It’s only a paragraph, and your help is appreciated!? - It’s for Notre Dame’s short essay respone – The question is “You have 150 words. Take a risk.”I just decided to write about something really random..please judge it, and if you notice any grammatical errors or ways I can phrase things better, I’d love it if you’d let me know! Please dont be afraid to
- Hello, can you please check my english. I am a japanese student at college and need to submit my essay soon.? - hello, I am a Japanese and attending the college. I have hard time to write a essay, is someone can help my English? I wrote this essay but professor said that there are so many grammatical error. Can someone please correct my error. I don’t have a time to go learning
- Do you think i could get into NYU TIsch? - I’m currently a junior in high school. I make mostly As and Bs. Here are my grades for my high school so far and scores, etc. Freshman Honors World History B Visual Arts 1 A Theatre Arts 1 A Honors English 1 A Honors Geometry A French 1 A Earth and environmental A Honors Biology
- I really need help with my essay? - i have a essay to do tomorrow and i really want it to be a really good essay. which introduction will be good: Although Christmas is a happy time to celebrate, does Christmas really bring people together or drive people apart.if you ask me my answer will be yes. i like christmas because i get