2. It's easy to identify with the hero--the literary or historical figure who saves the day. Have you ever identified with a figure who wasn't a hero--a villain or a scapegoat, a bench-warmer or a bit player? If so, tell us why this figure appealed to you--and if your opinion changed over time, tell us about that, too.As we grow we easily find heroes, villains, and other characters in our entertainment media that we relate to. Unlike like other people, I have trouble even relating to a superhero. Sometimes I feel so different than literary characters that I find it disheartening. In my entire life I have only found ONE side character I relate to and he’s exactly like me. He is from a popular manga/anime (Japanese comics/cartoons) called Bleach. His name is Uryū Ishida.In the anime bleach there are 3 main sides; the hollows (the bad guys), the Shinigamis or Death gods (the good guys), and humans. Uryū, however, is neither. Instead he is a Quincy, a human with special powers. Not only is he very intelligent, like me, he is one of the last two of his clan. This makes him very unique and mysterious, another two characteristics of mine. Uryū is seen as the awkward nerdy type. He is usually seen as shy and withdrawn but he tries to act cool when surrounded by others. He also comes off very chivalrous many times throughout the series.Almost every characteristic of Uryū’s coincides with a part of me; His nerdy intelligence, his shyness, his uniqueness, etc. What would more appeal to a person than a copy of himself made popular in a TV show? As the series continues Uryū continues to show more and more characteristic that are similar to mine. He will forever be the main side character I relate to.
- What is the literary term for…PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!? - I am writing an essay on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel Cat’s Cradle. I’m trying to look for the literary term to describe how the main character John in the novel is a depiction of what Vonnegut is thinking and telling. It’s like the author is the main character (just a different name). What is the literary
- Can someone help edit, add, to this mini essay? - I am writing a brief paragraph about how i went about on creating my comic strips for two literary elements (conflict, and metaphor/symbolism) and this is what i have so far. can anyone edit it and add to it please?. thank you here is what i have so far. This comic strip was developed by
- I need somebody to help me find something in this play for English? I know how to do it but I’m stuck. Help me? - Okay. So just to give you guys a heads up on what I’m doing, I’ll copy the first part of the assesment so you guys can know what to help me with:”For this assignment, we are not going to write the analytical essay (no cheers, please!). Instead, we are going to examine Arthur Miller’s
- English homework help please? - ok i was assigned on friday a 6-10 page essay in which i would have to compare and contrast the movies CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON and EXCALIBUR. The teacher gave us the things we had to compare. She asked to compare and contrast the hero, the evil enemy, the quest each main character
- Popular Culture question? - I have to do essay about Popular Culture for college English class. We are using the book called Mirror on America. In the book there is two guys named Eric L. Wee and David Jacobson. We have to use examples of what their opinions are about popular culture about i can’t found them anywhere. We
- How do I write an essay about the main character of a book? - I read A Prayer for Owen Meany and I wrote about the main characters but I got an F on my essay. In each paragraph I talked about a different character but he didn’t want that. My professor told me to write about one character and he said to be a “psychologist” when writing about
- Grade my essay! 1-6 6 being the best? - prompt: How would Inherit the WInd be different if it was in a form of a noble.Have you ever read a book and wondered why did the author write it in a different way? Inherit the Wind is a book that was written as a play and I wish that it would have been