First off, the colleges I'm going to apply to (early action) are high tier 2, and tier 3 colleges (Syracuse, U-Del, Penn State, Bentley, etc). This year the only high level classes I'm taking are Honors Chinese 3 and AP Econ. However, I was sick for a portion of the beginning of the school year and missed some material and ended up getting a C and a D on a test and a quiz (respectively). Since its still 1st semester and I haven't sent out the applications yet, I figured I would drop AP Econ considering I don't really want to get a C or a D in that class, but im not sure what these tier 2 and tier 3 colleges would think of that. I am currently in an upward trend of GPA (went from 2.6 freshman year to 3.6 soph year and 3.7 junior year, honor roll in soph and junior year), scored well on my SATs (first one i took consisted of Reading: 600 - Math: 640 - Writing: 670 and second consisted of Reading: 650 - Math: 640 - Writing: 650) did something like 120-140 hours of community service with habitat for humanity, operated my own business for a year and wrote a decent college essay. However, will these tier 2 and 3 colleges think im slacking senior year and reject me or will they be ok with the fact that i took no AP classes yet got straight A's senior year (btw I have no joke classes like art or ceramics or foods or something like that). Thanks.
- Chances of getting into a good college? - It has been my dream to go to a good university. I am a foreigner (a junior in a high school), and live in Connecticut. I moved to the U.S. 2.5 years ago. I am a permanent resident though not a citizen. Right now, I have a 3.8-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and
- Is this good enough to get into the University of Miami? - I’m a junior in high school and my unweighted GPA is a 3.2 and my weighted GPA is a 3.3 (if I wouldn’t have had such a hard time my freshman year it would’ve been higher) but I can still bring it up since my 2nd semester just started and I’m in a 4×4 schedule
- Do I need a SAT tutor with these scores? - PSAT: 68, 64, 55 Reading, Math, WritingStudied for March SAT and got680, 720, 680 (9 on essay.. and I dont understand why)2070 overallI want to get at least 700 in all.. do I need a tutor to do that because my reading did not increase at all even though I studied like 400
- How is my SAT score? (first time)? - im a junior in high school. i got a 1600. i got 10 on essay 580 on writing 530 in math and 490 in reading. im a strong math student but i just cant tackle the problems in the math. they arent hard i just dont know what to do. and i suck at reading.
- Think I’ll make it into University of Florida? - currently I’m a junior in high school, i slacked off big time freshman year and thats how my unweighted GPA is now a 3.45 i know that UF wants about a 4.0 or above, i will do my best this year to get about a 3.7 unweighted because they do not add senior classes into
- Do you think UCLA, UCSD, or USC will accept me? - i have an unwieghted gpa of 3.68 and weighted of 3.95 for sophomore and junior year.done/doing 4 AP courses. been in the most rigorous courses.ELC student for UC system.SAT score of 1890math:650writing: 650reading:590got straight A’s all of freshman year.got a 3.8 unwieghted senior first semester.i have lots of hours and volunteered at a summer camp
- Will I get accepted to UT Austin? Thank u? - I really want to go to UT Austin…I’m an upcoming senior of 2012-2013. I checked my GPA during my Junior year which was 6.3636 and i am merely in top 10.. about 9.4 something…the highest score of my SAT is 1820… and i may not take the one on Oct. cause i think it might