nonfiction stories that take place over time-instead of traditional linear memoir --i'm thinking Joan Didion's Slouching towards Bethlehem does this but it is as much an act of journalism/essay writing as it is a personal reflection-which is doesn't exclude it from this- but i'm just trying to think--if there are books that are even more directly memoir writing in the form of a collection of short stories that take place many years apart? --if you can think of any ---thank you!
- What do you hope to finish reading or writing by the end of the month of June? - I have checked out 4 books of short stories. I want to read as much as I can from each to get a good grasp of well-written short stories. I also hope to finish writing 2 short stories, 2 non-fiction articles(or personal essays) and continue working on my novel.
- English translation of spanish story? - I need to write an essay on a couple of short spanish stories, and I don’t fully comprehend them in spanish. The book is called Papeles de Pandora, by Rosario Ferre, and its a collection of short stories. The stories I’m most interested in from there are La Belle Durmiente, El Abrigo de Zorro Azul,
- How do you cite something from a compilation of short story? - Say I have a book which is a collection of short stories, and for an essay i quoted one line from one of the stories by a particular author. How would i correctly cite this source?
- What are some good short stories about the “American Dream”? - This is for an assignment in my English class. I need two SHORT stories (Please, no books or novels because the assignment requires short stories ONLY) for a compair and contrast essay between the two stories. Please, please help. They also need to be under the theme of “the American Dream”.
- Please help me strengthen my thesis statement? - Two other students and I have a group essay in a class about Chinese culture. Our thesis statement went like this:”Thoughtful examination of the short poems and stories contained in [the Dao de Jing and the Zhuangzi] help define the unclear and mysterious ideas of Daoism.”One professor said it was weak. The other said it
- Do you think that my book could be published? - So, I’m part of this writing site called inkpop. I’m writing a book, and so far, it’s 30,000 words (obviously, if I wanted to get it published, I would add some stuff; and I’m still not done). It’s currently ranked 93 out of about 40,000 projects (poems, books, short stories, essays, etc.) Do you think
- Pursuit of Knowledge Essay? - I am writing an essay on the Pursuit of Knowledge,and how further learning, inventing and creation, can both help and destroy us…I plan on using the book Frankenstein by Mary Shelley but does anyone know any other books, short stories etc, that I could relate to this essay?Or any ideas to help me out?