one of my summer reading books for AP english 11 is "the picture of dorian grey" by oscar wilde. i have to choose from two essays to write and i'm analyzing both so i know what to look for when reading. one of the questions i must answer if i write the first one is: "In short, does the overall context of the novel offer a repudiation of extreme aestheticism?" i've tried looking it up but i'm unsure of what the latter portion of the question means. please help! :-) i'd like to start reading, today
- What do you think of this essay. Is there anything I need to add or change to it.? - I am writing an analysis essay on the short essay called the joys of reading: Superman and me. In the essay Im supposed to explain what literacy means to Alexie and how he reveals that meaning. Telling me what you think of the essay and what I could change. If there is any grammatical errors
- Sample essays on texts? - Does anyone have any sample essays on either “The Picture of Dorian Gray” by Oscar Wilde or “The Crucible” by Arthur Miller. Please I am in need of major help on these pieces. If you do email them to me on [email not allowed]
- CHSPE Math expectations? - I took the full CHSPE (California High School Proficiency Exam) test last month, both English and Math. I know for sure I passed the language part, as all throughout school, that has been my favorite subject, and I wrote a 4 paragraph, 2 page essay on critiquing domesticated mass society and the consumer-labor cycle for
- Some ideas on comparing “A clock work Orange ” and “trainspotting ” ? - I have chosen these two books for my English literature Essay and I am unsure on exactly what aspects of the novels to write about.
- How can I make my 18-year-old brother grow up and take responsibility? - My brother has just started at university doing the same subject as me but two years below at a different university. At home, my parents would help him with EVERYTHING – homework, projects, tidying up… This means that even at A Level my mother was helping him with his coursework and reading the books too
- AP European History exam………..? - Alright so I took the AP Euro exam at 12pm this afternoon. I was shooting for a 4!I’m thinking I got like 50% of the multiple choice right. So that’s like 43 points.I consider myself a halfway-decent writer, so I was really excited to enter the essay portion of the exam.I understood the questions &
- Do native english speakers sometimes get troubled when reading? - I’ve been in an English speaking country for 4 years now and have learned enough to communicate. But when it comes to reading, it always troubles me a lot. I always get tons of words I don’t understand. (Mainly adjectives.)I was just wondering if people who were raised up in an English-speaking country still get