Will being from india (indian, south Asian) help my chances for acceptance into columbia university?
i've applied for engineering(computer science)I REALLY want to go here and money is not a problem..i know a girl who applied ED with a composite SAT score of 1950...and got in!i have a score of 2010 and REALLY good essays and decent ECs(look at my previous questions for a full profile)...i was initially not interested in applying here because i was sure i wouldnt get in....but her acceptance gave me hope..one of our famous leaders who was key to the develppment of post-british india was a graduate from columbia(Ambedkar)..Also columbia is one of the first international schools to get a centre in india(mumbai)...i have also read an article where a columbia university representative said that columbia university has had a long standing relation with india..(just google "columbia university + india")So what i want to know is if being indian helps acceptance just like if you are hispanic?Also please forgive me if i've gotten any of my facts wrong!Please tell me if you know for SURE!Thanks for reading the entire thing!
- LIFE OR DEATH IN COLLEGE QUESTION? :D? - I have a 1500 out of 1600 SAT score (780 math , 750 reading) I got a 700 out of 800 in the SAT II physics, perfect score on TOEFL, BUT my gpa sucks , like sucky sucky sucks as in maybe around 2.something.. I just get bored in school don’t know why, all
- Chances of getting into the university of chicago.? - so here is the thing. i applied early admission and i’m going to get my rejection or acceptance letter in probably a week. and i am very nervous about it. I have a 4.3 GPA weighted. I will have taken 11 AP courses by the end of high school. My current senior year courses consist
- If I got into all of my college choices, did I not apply to tough enough schools? - I’ve been accepted to 3 schools to which I applied (Ohio State, University of New Hampshire, UW-Madison). Now I feel like I should have applied to tougher schools. My friends applied to some pretty high-ranking private schools (Carnegie Mellon, NYU, Ivies…) and I did better than them on the SATs and SATIIs, but
- Am I a strong candidate – personality-wise? - Okay, I’m a high school student and already thinking of colleges ; I’ve been looking at Harvard, Wharton, and about all the business schools out there. But I’m not considering the schools not out of prestige, but the fact I really want to study Business. Finance to be exact. And, I’ve reading admissions article and
- What’s a good SAT score? - i took a practice test online (halfway through it i was really tired and kinda gave up and didn’t answer alot of questions)but i got a 440 in reading370 in writing6 (out of 7) on the essayand 460 on the mathwhen i took the PSATs i got a 540 in math. 380 in writing and
- Is there any hope for me at all? - I applied to my number one college the University of New Hampshire. I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I have a 3.1 GPA 1420 SAT’s. Excelent reccomondations, excelent essay, great EC’s, a good amount of Community Service. I applied Jan. 11 of 2011. It is now almost March and I havnt heard a single thing
- Can someone please help analyze this (it’s regarding Rutgers University) ? - Hi. Rutgers University has been my dream school ever since I was a little child. My family and I would go watch the basketball games, and my father is actually an alumni. Basically if it was not for my SAT scores, I would have complete confidence when applying. My gpa is currently is 3.957 out