I'm talking about the approach where you would normally say something like "This essay will do this by using the following approach." My teacher says saying something like that sounds very "report'-like" and so she doesn't want it to be written like that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to word it "more to her liking?"
- How do you write an introduction of an essay without sounding like a report? - I’m talking about the approach where you would normally say something like “This essay will do this by using the following approach.” My teacher says saying something like that sounds very “report’-like” and so she doesn’t want it to be written like that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to word it “more to
- How to write a thesis for an opinion essay? - I have never written a thesis befor and my essay topic is “is 16 too young to drive?do i write about what i am going to be talking about without using the word “I” or something like that
- College application essay.? - So I have to write an essay for my college application (last one!). All of my previous essays I have written were 1500 word essays. However, this last essay has to be less than 500 words. I was planning on doing an essay with three paragraphs: an intro, body, and closing paragraph.Is this the right
- How to ask a teacher to reconsider an unfair mark? - I had to do an essay on Act 3 Scene 5 of Romeo and Juliet. I worked extremely hard on the essay, harder than I did on previous tests, and got a rather average mark. The teacher that marked it, is not my regular teacher, she’s just a trainee. Personally I felt what I wrote
- Is “whereas” a transition word? - Google hasn’t been incredibly helpful with this.Is the word whereas a transition word. Such as, for example, also, because, besides…etc.I’m writing an essay and I must use 2 transition words per paragraph.If this would aid in any answering of my question, here is how i will use the word:For instance, students that prefer to learn
- OCD Is preventing me from completing my assignment…? - Okay, so I’ve never been officially diagnosed with OCD, but earlier this year, my friend told me she had OCD and I didn’t really understand it, so I looked it up online and found out that I had A TON of the symptoms so I’m fairly certain I have it. The problem I’m having right
- Trying to speak about satire in a media studies essay, which sounds best? - this is for higher media and i havent ever spoken about satire before so everything i write sounds so weird and wrong, its a word that ive never really placed in a sentence.could i say;using satire we aimed our show to appeal to a later night time audience? it sounds so weird/wrong just to dump