Not essays as in narratives.I mean, for example, I almost got into a very exclusive school, but I stuffed up the essay where they ask you 'why you want to go there'.I just don't know what to write.It's so hard to impress them with a topic like that.Say I'm applying to Harvard college (just saying)What would I write about?Keep in mind that essays are not my strong point, I'm more of a math/science person.
- Help from Yalies please!? - I’m applying to Yale and I’m currently working on the Yale Supplement. I need to write the second essay on a topic that conveys an aspect of my experience or outlook that I would like the college to understand better. I have already discussed my difficult childhood (abuse, single parent, low income, etc.) in
- What occupation, job, or major in college do you suggest I do? - I’m just a young kid just thinking about my future in college and when I work and stuff, and I am at a road block on what I want to be when I grow up.Here’s what I am interested in, and what I really like, and things… that I don’t really like.-> I’ve ruled out
- Do you think writing poems is easier than writing essays/papers? - Depends. To me, they’re two completely different mediums. Poems are largely emotional and essays are largely intellectual. However, since those aren’t mutually exclusive, it’s hard to say. Overall, though, I would say I have an easier time writing papers, because you usually have a concrete topic (information) to write about, whereas in
- What are my chances at Penn and Cornell? - What are my chances at getting into Cornell University?2220 SAT (680cr, 740wr, 800ma)Subject SAT:Math:780Physics:760Bio:7403.72 GPA (an A-) All Honors and AP curriculumVarsity Swimming (4 years)Mu Alpha Theta (2 years, acting VP this year)National Merit Semi FinalistVolunteered at a local Hospital for about 60 hours and other community serviceSchool winner for the AMC math testChess club
- Help with which Alevel course I should take!? - I’m in Yr 11 and looking at college courses.I want to be a Radiographer or something in those lines… I’ve looked up the requirement for the course which is 1 science at grade C or above.I want to take…Biology- Definitely. But I’m only working at a grade C in science.(I’m doing double science not
- Have I really got it in me? Can I become an auther? - okay, ok so last weak my English class’s teacher warned me if my essays don’t improves. I bursted crying. That night fairy came into my dream. She blessed my mind. Ever since a magic has came upon me.My teacher read my essay I had wrote nest day. And she got very impress by me. I
- Chances For Harvard With 3.6 GPA? - My high school GPA when applying to colleges will probably be 3.6, or 3.7 at best (weighted it will be 4.19 at best). I’m aware this is extremely low for Harvard, but I’m wondering if my extracurricular accomplishments could get me an acceptance letter. Let’s assume someone with a 3.6 unweighted GPA (mostly