I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me, but I have tonight to write an essay plan for Othello - the title is "Othello is about alienation and belonging. Is this your reading of Othello?"I just have to write out my basic outline, can people tell me if it's ok and what I should include/leave out?IntroIs about alienationOthello as an outsider - Even though he is well respected, he is still an outsider.Attitudes in VeniceIago quotes and racist language by Iago and RoderigoDesdemona - she would belong normally as she is white, Venetian, father high ranking, but once with Othello she is alienating herself.Cyprus - it's so far away from Venice, it's far away from law and order and is more isolated.Status/society - it seems to othello that it's more 'natural' for Cassio and Desdemona to be together as he belongs in society better. Not about alienation:Jealousy/Iago's motives - Jealousy is important, Iago of Cassio, his 'beware my lord of jealousy' quoteIago's motives - we don't know what they are so it's an important themeconclusionObviously I will use better english, etc but any help/suggestions even if just minor would be really appreciated!Thanks!
- Essay about Othello – Can anyone just tell me if this sounds okay so far? - Our question was – How does Iago destroy Othello’s faith in Desdemona?And heres my answer so far, can you tell me if it sounds okay?Othello is a play about love, and jealousy. Throughout the play, Iago plants the idea of Desdemona being unfaithful to Othello, Iago is only able to destroy Othello’s faith in Desdemona
- Is Iago the main character in Othello? - I have to do an essay on is Iago the central character in Othello. What are some points why he is the main character and why Othello is? All I have is that Iago was the mastermind and that Othello was the noble man who fell.
- Can someone please pick at my essay, I want constructive criticism,things you would change,no matter how small? - Oh, “Honest Iago” – An essay on Shakespeare’s Othello Jealously can turn a man into a monster. From serial killers like Andrew Cunanan, and psychopaths like Ira Einhorn, it has become evident that both in past history, and in modern society, jealously is often the stepping stone for horrendous
- Othello Essay on: Most of the characters in Othello are fools? - Most of the characters in Othello are fools and they enable Iago to carry out his plans because they are blind idiots. do you agree with this statement?Dicuss the following characters: Othello, Dessemona, Cassio, Roderigo, Emilia.Explain your views on whether or not they are foolish.Please i need some ideas and help?
- What would make a person evil? - I have an English essay on the play Othello, talking about Iago’s evilness.
- How to discuss an speculative essay? - A speculative essay would be something like, Is the main character in Othello deluded by his jealous desires or is it all the ploy of Iago?
- OTHELLO – the theme of revenge? - I’m writing an essay on the theme of revenge in Othello, obviously focussing largely on Iago. The essay is to be based only up to and including act 3 scene 3 but I can’t seem to find many/any quotes about revenge, rather only manipulation and surely this is a somewhat different thing? I’d really appreciate