ok just comment, please ignore any grammar mistakes, as those can be fixed, if you find the quality of the first paragraph differ from the rest, its ok because my tutor edited that part lol, and the conclusion is not finished. Timidity and apprehensiveness, when not fully understood or recognized, can be interpreted as arrogance and bluster. This false impression of pomposity may hinder communication and delay genuine camaraderie. As a naïve Chinese émigré of eight, I mistakenly made an incorrect choice, in my attempt to quickly adapt to American society. Having had some exposure to western-style entertainment and gastronomic delights, mostly through the medium of television, I adopted the persona that I felt would carry me through the initial awkward stages of assimilation. Unfortunately, my efforts proved lacking, leaving me quite isolated because of language and cultural barriers. As I grew more distant from my new classmates, I increased my facade of boastfulness, constantly seeking recognition; ironically, my approach served only to intensify my exclusion. I credit Ryan Kwan, a Camp Challenge guest speaker, with imbuing in me the confidence to relinquish my pretentiously unnatural pose, an inspiration that allowed me to reveal my genuine self and to be, finally, truly welcomed by my peers. Initially unenthusiastic about attending a sleep-away camp, wherein I would be escalating my torment of not fitting in, I agreed to attend Camp Challenge Christian retreat. The first preaching session began, as Ryan, wearing stereotypical thick black Asian glasses, plaid button-downs, and casual straight-legged jeans, strolled into the worship hall and greeted the group of adolescents. His conventional yet comforting appearance immediately gave me a sense of assurance in a crowd of strangers. As he addressed the student body with his assertive tone and several uproarious personal anecdotes, such as the eating of a spider alive, Ryan seized the attention of every single audience with his inspirational messages. I was profoundly stirred by his words, in particular, his message concerning chasing after the expectations of others. During the next few days of camp, I excitedly arrived at the worship hall, hungrily anticipating for more meaningful life lessons and bizarre narratives. On the last night before the campers returned to their stressful and hectic lives, many campers shed tears as Ryan recapitulated his messages and spoke the last time. During the sharing session, numerous campers spoke of their personal thoughts and the impact that Ryan’s messages had on them. I was not the most adept orator, but I felt the need to express myself in front of my peers. Ryan was just an ordinary person, yet he was able to influence so many teenagers just in four days, receiving praise and gratitude for what he had done for the campers. I felt no regret for coming to Camp Challenge because I comprehended a precious life lesson. I do not need to meet the expectations of others with my ostentatious and fake character. Being I was worthy enough to be acknowledged by my peers. Detaching the superficial shell of false personality was a gradual and tedious process. Reestablishing my individuality with a blank tablet with no blemishes was impractical. The fake impressions that I gave my peers in the past several years was still an obstacle that mired my recovery. However, the results of my transformation were quite promising as I learned to intermingle with many more people with my own distinctive personality. Once I was perplexed and baffled by how to fit in the crowd, but no I found self-identity after relating to Ryan’s analogous ordinary yet influential persona. I no longer worry about changing myself to be accepted by others. With this new healthful mentality, my personality will not change under the influence of my surroundings.
- Would you tell a lecturer for an assessed piece of work if 1 group member had made no contribution? - FactsWe have had the assignment since November, due in Monday.She attened 2 session of work on it – 1st session she forgot to save the file, 2nd session she sat on facebook.She was supposed to write her part of the group essay in the week but emailed me yesterday to say she didnt have time.She
- FILM STUDIES, help please? - I have to pick a film sequence for my film studies coursework. I will be writing a 1500 word essay on the elements of it. We have done other essays on the elements singularly for practise and I have done, the departed, saving private ryan and the number 23. Im open to all suggestions, and
- How Do I Stop Myself? - This past year, I have gone through immigration, new job, new life, new language, new religion, new family – all to be with this girl who I thought was the girl of my dreams.After a year, I loved her so much, but felt that there just too many incompatibilities to overcome. She wasn’t going to
- Need a little help on my essay.. easy 10 pts! Please? - OK, so how do i show and describe this in my fiction essay?Perhaps Ryan, now knowing that she exists, could come to realization that a psychic connection exists between them.This connection could be further developed in his dream state, and eventually leading him to finding her through a series of incremental clues he gains while
- Spanish essay corrections please? - I’m writing an essay on whether or not Don Quijote is crazy. I would appreciate it if someone could correct it. Thank you Es fácil para decir que Don Quijote es una persona loca, pero esto no verdad. Por supuesto, la mayoría de las personas pensarían que una persona quien ve los molinos como gigantes,
- I’m trying to figure out this question for an Essay for sociology? - THE QUESTION IS : Choose a culture outside of the U.S and identify a modal personality trait for that culture. Examine the cultures influence on the development of that trait?>>If you just help me out with a culture and a modal personality trait they have that would help out alot!- a modal personality trait is
- Help me turn this into a good essay. The Hunt for Red October. No B.S.? - I need this to be more descriptive, and just all around better. i do not have the time to work on this right now because i have to read dante’s inferno, then i have to read a book on dante’s inferno, and then i have to wright an essay on dante’s inferno. please help.