separate the independent clauses with either a period or a semicolonThere are many different types of essays. There are "definition essays," they explain the definition and anything that would be beyond the meaning. There are also "expository essay," they tell about the topic only. An example, would be how you cook your favorite food. Then there is "compare and contrast essays," they tell you about the differences and the similarities of two things. Then there is the essay that likes to trick students, it is called a "narrative essay." They are just like a short story and are told in the order events happened. "Argumentative essays" are essays where the writer has to convince other people why their ways are right. "Analysis and critical essays" are about how something was bad or good. An example, of one could be about a movie you seen. Then there are "Personal essays," they are about the writer and their feelings. Most essays are wrote to the format of a five-paragraph essay, but you can always add paragraphs or take some away.Please and thank you!
- I have to write a personal response essay for my English class on “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson.? - I have to write a five paragraph essay explaining my response to the story, i have to pick 3 adjectives to describe how I felt after I had read the story. and I have to explain the 3 reactions in each of the body paragraphs of the essay.My QUESTION is, how do I start my
- Will you critique my short story? My teacher did but I’d like some more feedback!? - Does this short story show I have potential as a writer? When I’m older and finished school I think writing a novel is something I’d like to do.Damn it, the essay is one paragraph too long to upload here.Read it here instead please; [external link]
- Definition of historical essay? - The History Essay FormatEssay is an old French word which means to “attempt”. An essay is the testing of an idea or hypothesis (theory). A history essay (sometimes referred to as a thesis essay) will describe an argument or claim about one or more historical events and will support that claim with evidence, arguments and
- So I recently got my SAT scores back and I am confused over something….? - I received a 550 in writing (wondering if this use to be verbal) 430 in math( i have yet to take trigonometry) and a 570 in critical reading. My family and friends are asking me what i have made,and I am wondering what to tell them. Together my scores add up to a 1550 but
- Please help me with latin 2 please, i will award 10 points if you describe it? - 05.12 People, Places, and Events of the RepublicPeople, Places, and EventsWhen studying history, it is important to understand the interrelationship of people, places, and events. To know about them as individual, discrete entities is not sufficient. Below are four opportunities to intertwine time, place, people, and events as you explore the epic proportion of the
- Formating my novel please help? - do i double space between regular paragraphs and dialogue sentences. I seperated dialogue so readers understand who is talking but now it looks clustered..for example (dont read it, just look at the format. i just copied it from google, i didnt want to actually write my book. I use open office and it looks more
- History 50+ years of age i need real info please and thank you? - ok so im taking a 1960′s history class and i have to write essays on events that happened in the 60′s i have a few that require me to interview people … so i thought id ask all of y’all to help me out … these are the questions i need answered and then ill